Commercial gas

Gas safety certificate

Does your business need a commercial gas safety certificate? We can help your business stay Gas Safe so you can focus on other important business matters

Commercial Gas Safety Certificate

Commercial GAS

Gas Safety Certificate

Does your business need a commercial gas safety certificate? We can help your business stay Gas Safe so you can focus on other important business matters

Commercial Gas Safety Certificate solutions for every aspect of your business

Here at Pace Heating & Plumbing, we provide various gas safety certification types and options across the Greater London region. We are specialists in industrial and commercial gas safety certification for industrial and commercial gas equipment, pipework, and appliances. Our solution are tailored, highly specialized, and affordable, and we always put the customer needs first in everything that we do, which is why we have been recognized as one of the most dedicated and customer-centric commercial services firms.

We are one of London’s leading providers of commercial gas safety certificates for restaurants, cafe’s, fast food takeaways, commercial kitchens, commercial catering outlets, bakers, schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, hotels, commercial kitchens, pubs, nightclubs, care homes, nursing homes, factories, warehouses, construction firms, Landlord’s, commercial Landlord’s and much more in Greater London,   


Make sure to have your business gas appliances professionally serviced by a Pace gas safe registered engineer.


Make sure to have your business gas appliances professionally serviced by a Pace gas safe registered engineer.

What is the right Gas safety Certificate?

We understand your business is unique.  Call and speak to a Pace Account Manager who will recommend the solutions that meet your requirements and budgetary needs. We’ll ensure your business or property operates safely to guarantee optimal safety for your tenants, operators, or employees.

  • Commercial gas catering safety inspection (CP42)
  • Commercial gas mobile catering safety inspection (CP44)
  • Non-domestic plant commissioning and servicing (CP15)  
  • Industrial and commercial gas pipework testing and purging (CP16) 

Make the right choice, and if you ever have an issue, we can get to you in 4 hours. With a dedicated fleet of service vehicles in London, Pace Heating & Plumbing fixes problems fast – even on weekends and holidays.

Not ready to talk, fill out the form below and a Pace Advisor will call you back

CP15, CP16 & CP17 Commercial Property Gas Safety Certificate

Landlord and leaseholders of commercial premises must ensure that all gas installation and appliances installed on their institution is services and checked annually by a registered and competent gas engineer. It is a legal requirement for all businesses and commercial premises that services the public and employs staff. Ensure you receive the correct commercial gas safety certificate for your establishment and remain compliant is your responsibility. Below is a list of commercial gas safety certificates legally required for commercial premises. 

If your not sure which commercial gas certificate is required for your property. Our Pace account manager is always happy to help. We can take you through a few questions and explain the different types of gas safety certificates. But once our engineers are on-site, they will automatically issue you with the correct commercial gas safety certificate. We also do not a charge any additional cost for rewriting your gas safety certificate after your inspection had been carried out. 

The different types of commercial gas safety inspection are :

      • CP15 Boiler plant room commissioning/serving report 
      • CP16 Strength testing, tightness and purging
      • CP17 Commercial Gas safety

CP42 & CP44 Commercial Kitchen Gas Safety Certificate

This is the official term for a safety certificate issued annually by a registered Gas Safe engineer to cover all gas installation and appliances in your kitchen. These certificates specifically target commercial kitchen facilities.

Typically these include:

      • Restaurants & Cafes
      • Take-away shops
      • Catering businesses
      • Staff canteens
      • Food production centres

if you have a commercial kitchen with gas appliances. You have legal duty to ensure sure that any gas equipment on your premises is checked and certified by a gas safe qualified engineer at least once every year. Your insurance cover will almost certainly depend on you having a current CP42 Gas Safety Certificate

Note; If you lease your property, don’t assume this is the responsibility of the Landlord. Usually, leases include clauses that pass responsibility for gas safety to the leaseholder.

The list of safety checks is set down by law, and they cover all gas appliances, pipework, extraction systems and gas interlock systems.

Your Commercial Gas Safety Certificate FAQ

What is a CP17 Commercial Gas Safety Check?

CP17 Gas Safety Certificates are produced following physical tests and visual inspections that are carried out by a registered commercial gas safety engineer. The commercial gas safety checks are carried out on all the gas appliances and visibly accessible pipe work within a commercial property, to ensure they are in good and safe working condition.

The checks and tests carried out on the appliances and pipe work include boilers, cookers, fires, fittings, chimneys, gas meters and flues to ensure they are safe for commercial tenants,  employees and all visitors.

If an appliance uses an extraction system to remove combustion gases they will also undergo an inspection to assess if the extraction method is suitability or not.

You will receive a gas safety certificate from the gas engineer which records the results of the tests on the appliances within the property.

Does my properties require a commercial gas certificate?

Any property with a commercial gas appliance installed weather it is a boiler, heater or a catering appliance by law requires a commercial gas safety certificate annually. In most cases where the property is being rented the landlord is legally responsible for ensure the property meets its compliance requirements. But if the property is a lease hold then it would most likely be that the lease holder is responsible for the building compliance requirements. Do check with your landlord or legal documents pack for clarification. Our commercial gas engineer will carry a complete gas safety inspection of your premises once once and issue the required certification based on the equipment your have installed at your premises. So be sure to show them to every appliance which uses natural gad installed at your premises. It is your responsibility to ensure that you inform us of the number of appliances on site and their location as-well ensure access is provided. Which issue electronic commercial gas safety certificate which can access from a link sent to email and download at anytime. We will also send you annual notification before your next due date.

Why do I need a Gas Safety Certificate?

As a commercial Landlord, Duty Holder or Managing Agent you are legally responsible for the health, safety & welfare of your tenants and visitors within your properties. If you do not carry out annual gas safety checks & inspections, you are putting lives at risk and could receive a substantial fine and/or a custodial sentence (imprisonment) for failure to comply.

By law all commercial properties must have a suitable fire detection system in place. It must be tested weekly and should be regularly serviced at lease every six months.

If your business is more at risk of fire such as a Fast Food Premises, Pub or Restaurant, we would recommend an automatic fire detection system is installed.

Failure to comply with the Gas Safety Regulations could result in prosecution a fine of up to £5000.00.

What if I don’t have a commercial Gas Safety Certificate?

You are breaking the law and could potentially be prosecuted under Regulation 35 of the “Duties of Employers and self-employed persons” of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. Also, your insurance may well be null and void.

What Information Is Required?

Although our gas safety engineers will thoroughly check for all gas appliances within the commercial property, it is recommended that you provide us with a detailed log of all the appliances before we visit the property, so that we can ensure all appliances are ‘found’ and checked.

CP17 Gas Safety checks can be carried out between the 10th and 12th month from the date of the previous gas certificate (if the property has been continuously rented). So it’s important to provide the previous gas check date, to ensure we can carry-out the new gas check in sufficient time before the previous one runs out.

You will need to inform your tenant and arrange a suitable and convenient date, just in case the gas supply has to be disconnected, however this is rare.

How long does a CP15, CP16, CP17, CP42 & CP44 Gas Safety Certificate last?

Twelve months from the date of issue.

Who We Serve

Many business deals with challenging environmental problems due to the uniqueness of their business and processes. Off-the-shelf solutions seldom work. Pace Heating & Plumbing brings real expertise, developed through years of innovative problem-solving in the HVAC Commercial Health Care, Education, Restaurant, Social Housing, Industrial and other speciality industries.

We understand the needs of each industry we serve. From the Hair-dresser who deals with large volumes of hot water demand and heavy compliance regulation, to the Restaurants that deals with numerous customer comfort, we have developed processes and equipment to help keep costs down while gaining efficiencies.

What our customer are saying

cmacc logo
Commercial Gas burner1

Experience matters

Put our more than 30+ years of experience to work on your
project for complete confidence.